Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pineapple Bundt Cake

I got a silicone pan from a company a while ago and finally thought of a way to use it. I made a pineapple upside-down cake in the microwave. Yes, the microwave. The cool thing about these pans is that you can put them in the microwave to cook cakes quickly.
I actually didn't "buy" the pan. I got a notice from a friend that they give their pans away and you only have to pay shipping (about $8.00, but less than a whole pan would cost, I think). Here's the site to get a free pan from the company. Go to their freebie section, and if you don't want to sign up for anything else, just pay shipping. They have all kinds of other dishes and tools too if you don't want a "fluted cake pan".
AND my cake slid right out too! I know some of these pans say they are easier, but this one seems to be!I found a pineapple upside down cake recipe online, but it only used half a cake mix, so I doubled it and I didn't use Maraschino cherries because I didn't have any, but feel free to do that too and I didn't have rings of pineapple, just chunks, so that's different too, but it will all taste the same.

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1 cup Brown Sugar
20 ounce can Sliced Pineapple (Reserve juice)
1 box Cake Mix (I used yellow, but you could use white)
2 Eggs

Instructions:
Spray a microwaveable bundt cake pan with non stick vegetable spray.
Melt butter (in a different dish) and pour into bundt pan.
Spread brown sugar over butter in bottom of pan.
Place pineapple around the pan on top of the sugar and butter. Save the juice!
(If you want to add cherries, you can slice them and spread them around the pineapple here.)
Mix remaining pineapple juice and eggs in with the cake mix.
Pour mix over pineapple in pan.
Bake in microwave on high for 15-18 minutes on a turn table. If you don't have a turn table, rotate every 4-5 minutes. Take out when top looks spongy, and has holes, not dough on top.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before flipping onto serving dish. (Otherwise, you might do what I did and miss part of the plate and have to slide it back on. Good luck with that.)
I'm taking it to a family BBQ tonight to share. I'm so excited to try it!

Oh, it would probably work fine to cook it in a glass baking dish too. I would probably take less time to cook though, so check on it often.
Update: Everyone liked it. They were all impressed with my cooking skills. It went so fast some people didn't even get to try it and they were bummed.

No comments: