Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

My sister, Janessa, made these earlier this week and I just had to try them out! They are SO good! Moist, chewy, and delicious (except for a few that got a little too browned-Elizabeth liked those ones though.)
She got the recipe from this site:
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
6 Tablespoons Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Regular Oatmeal (not quick oats)
2 cups Chocolate Chips
2 Bananas, cut into 1/4 to 1/3 inch pieces (or mush them up like I do in ziplock baggies and freeze. Defrost in microwave when you need them)

Instructions:
Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside. (I never do this. I just add it in one at a time after the butters and sugars and eggs are mixed-FYI.)
Mix the butter (I bought REAL butter for the first time!) with the sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla until well mixed. Add flour mixture. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips, and bananas. Mix well. I use a KitchenAid, so I added the chocolate chips last. The mixer doesn't like them much, but I do.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet.
The recipe says it makes 60 cookies, but it's more like 36 cookies.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Mine made a better bar cookie. The first batch spread out a lot and were hard to get off the pan, and I sprayed it too. Either way Dad will eat them up quick, he likes snacks.