Thursday, July 1, 2010

Easy Rice Crispy Treats

I know most of you probably have rice crispy treat making DOWN, but this is a way I do it so I don't have to use the stovetop or butter/margarine and my nephew can eat them and they are a little healthier this way. I make a large cookie sheet or jellyroll pan of this amount. If you don't want quite so many, cut the recipe in half. This picture is the last two of these treats.Ingredients:
8 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
8 cups Marshmallows
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Instructions:
Measure 8 cups of cereal and put into a large bowl to mix. Place marshmallows in a glass microwavable bowl with vegetable oil and stir together to coat the marshmallows. Yesterday when I made this, I put them in the microwave on medium heat for two minutes and when I pulled the marshmallow mixture out, they were perfectly soft. I stirred them around and then added the vanilla before pouring them into the cereal and mixing. Once marshmallows and cereal are mixed, spread on greased cookie sheet with a piece of greased wax paper. I like to spread them out thin so kids can handle them easier.
Try this. See if you like it better than the stovetop way. I don't think I can go back now.

No comments: