Monday, February 11, 2013

Egg, Pepper, and Cheese Omelet

This is one of my favorite things to eat for either breakfast or lunch (and sometimes dinner if it's leftover night and my family eats all of them or if I've eaten too many calories during the day.)  
I break TWO large eggs directly into a nonstick pan and then use a little fork to scramble them up.  Then I toss in some sweet pepper strips (about a cup of them) and keep the temperature on medium heat.  Also add a little salt and pepper at this point.  
These are the sweet peppers I use.  They are about $2 for a bag and the bag lasts for at least three omelets and I don't have to buy each pepper individually when they are out of season or cut them up.
I use a large spatula to flip my omelet because I don't like any runniness in my omelet. Wait to flip until the edges are all set which usually takes between five and eight minutes.
 When you flip it, the cooked side looks like this.  The second side only takes a minute or two to cook, so don't leave it!
I add a quarter cup of shredded cheddar cheese and fold it in half.  Doesn't that look delicious?  
It's so tasty and good for me with just 283 calories!

2 Large Eggs 140 calories
1 cup C&W Pepper Strips 33 calories
1/4 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese 110 calories
Let me know if you try this or if there's something you like to add to omelets that maybe I haven't thought of.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You should know what your Mom would add. Thinly sliced Potatoes- then it is a Spanish omelet. Remember to turn it over with a plate...and put ketchup and chili sauce on it.