Thursday, January 29, 2009

Corn Bread Taco Bake

One of my old friends said that I'm an amazing cook (and also posted his own recipe for TACO SOUP), so I guess I'd better put something extra yummy on here.

I made this and everyone enjoyed it. The Chili and Ground Beef are on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and then the corn bread goes on top to soak up all the goodness. It's so good. I just wish I could make corn bread like Famous Daves! Now that was some DELICIOUS corn bread!

Corn Bread Taco Bake

Ingredients:
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1 Envelope Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can Chili
2 cups Cheese, divided (any kind you have or like)
2 Packages (8.5 oz each) Corn Muffin Mix
1 can (11 oz) Mexican-Style Corn, drained
Chopped Tomatoes
Sliced Olives
Sour Cream

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375°. In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and prepare according to package instructions. Stir in chili and 1 cup of the cheese. In large bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package instructions. Stir in corn and remaining 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon ground beef mixture evenly onto bottom of 9x13 pan. Top with cornbread mixture spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Top with tomatoes, olives, and sour cream.

No comments: