Thursday, February 19, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Crasin Muffins


Banana (whatever you want to add) Muffins
Ingredients:
3 Mashed Ripe Bananas (I save mine in baggies when they are ready and mash them inside the baggie. Then I freeze them until I have enough. Just write on the outside of the baggie how many are inside, freeze them, microwave them for about a minute and they are ready to go.)
1 cube (1/2 cup)Margarine
1 1/2 cups Sugar (I reduced this from 2 cups, it seemed too greasy that way, but if these don't turn out right for you, you can change it back.)
2 Eggs
½ cup Milk (or Applesauce which I've been using lately)
1 tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 ½ cups Flour
1 cup Chocolate Chips/Nuts/Crasins or other dried fruit (optional)

Instructions:
Mix together bananas, margarine, and sugar. Add eggs. Add milk, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and flour. Sometimes I just sprinkle the chocolate chips on top after they are in the muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees in greased muffin tins 30-40 minutes. Fill pans only ½ full. You could also make bread. Mine never cooks in the middle though. You could even freeze them if you don't eat them all right away.

No comments: